Tuesday, September 2, 2008

about me

some things about me
- i have very dark hair. but it is not my natural colour, at all. i hate my natural hair colour and NEVER plan to go back, ever since i started dyeing my hair in year 9 or so. i feel very ugly about that hair colour and what i would look like with it, i wouldnt be me. not sure if ill dye my hair when (hopefully) one day i am pregnant..could cause a problem.
-i also have freckles on my face, but tend to tan (with a lot of sun exposure) on other areas of my body, except my chest. my chest is IMPOSSIBLE to colour, unless i have fake tan and bronzer. i use both of these to colour myself up and in summer cos i dont want to get skin cancer.

- i think of different seasons wistfully when i am in the other. dont get me wrong, i enjoy winter and summer while experiencing them. but there is never a time i think more highly of summer than in winter, and vice versa. i guess in my city its because in winter, its pretty damn cold (well not snow cold but cold enough) and in summer it is BLOODY HOT. australian hot.
so there are only a few months in between i get the best of both. at the moment spring has just started, and dont u just loveeeee spring....clear and fresh but not with that stifling heat.
anyway im getting away with myself.

- i dont think i am very good at blogging. i write too much, its not that interesting (except maybe to me) and i go on and on. really. i dont think many people read it. but i dont mind actually. cos the thing is, i see this as a diary. an online diary sure, but a diary nevertheless, that i can look back on and laugh and shake my head at myself for being silly (or wise?). i used to have a diary in year 7...oh the things i used to write EVERY DAY. i looked at it again about 3 years later and it was priceless! that is what i am planning to do with this blog. i will save it all and archive it one day to look and see how me and the bf turned out, or what was going down with me.

- i am amazed at the amount of traffic some people get on their blogs. 100 comments for some posts it is astounding. i am only just beginning to realise there is some kind of blog hierarchy, ie some BIG NAME bloggers, then smaller, then tiny, then miniscule (me!).

- i idolise my father. i know he's not perfect, but to me that makes him perfect. i love him so much. i love my mum too, but i dont look at her with the same admiration as my dad. it is nothing bad to her, im just a dad's girl. i can also twist him around my little finger. we are planning to go travelling this summer to Vietnam, i cant wait!!!

- while i love my friends i sometimes wish my friendship group was different. that we were closer, or more in tune with eachother...i cant explain, but sometimes i look at other people's friends with envy. i wish i had more varied and different friends, because i end up depending on the bf too much than lots and lots of people. well hopefully i will make some more soon but not sure where.

- i am moving in with the bf in november. i know we (i?) have had issues but everything is going pretty good at the moment. and i know im young etc etc, but ive been living out of home for 2 years now, its just normal for me. and he needs to get out of his family house. it makes sense to be together when we are practically living together now, just at his place (and occasionally at mine). i figure we will learn a lot of lessons about what, life, eachother, etc. and if it doesnt work out, i wont regret it, and we will go out seperate ways. i am excited. but at the same time i know how my friends may feel (*and my mum!) so i am keeping it low key as possible and down playing it more than it is (ie. to mum- "he is paying some rent and will stay here most of the time- but still has a place at his house....." well not actually he wont, but does mum need to know?). We will see how it goes.

- i am trying to go to the gym. i hurt today, deep in my calf muscles. will have to see how long this lasts. hopefully ill get fit.
- ummm ill think of more later, for now its time for lunch!!!

2 comments:

Meika said...

You know what, I read your blog and I like it because some of the stuff you say I think too! I had the same fears moving in with my boyfriend, and we've been living together for 4 years now! I personally found no difference from having our own place to living together, except it brings the bills down. And about the friends, I am in the exact same boat! I need to widen my group of friends. So anyways I LOVE reading your diary, haha, almost as much as my big sisters when I was growing up.

Luvvie said...

LOL if it helps, I'm also a minscule blogger. The difference is, I wish it'd change *cues violins*. lol but not really. I'm not that dramatic.