Sunday, November 23, 2008

sad news..

i have some bad news.
see the dog that i posted pictures of below?
yes, well i found out today that he died, a few days ago.
see he was living with my dad (dad loved him too much to give him back!) on our farm, and dad ran him over, as tends to happen on the farm. ive found so many dogs have short life spans there, because there are so many things- utes, snakes, rat poison etc.....i just didnt think he would die, of course it was an accident but i thought he was smart to stay out of the way but obviously not.
i feel really sad because he was such a great dog. he really had a personality you know? not just like other dogs, he would do the funniest (and naughtiest) things. like i would open the gate,
and before i knew it he took off downt eh street (once at nighttime!). then he would stop, look at me, and wait till i got just close enough...then take off again. this went on all the way down the street and i was SO MAD by the end!
or how i would go to work all day and i would come home to find him perched on a box leaning over the fence waiting for me.
i havent seen him much in the past months,  after he moved back to the farm, but my dad used to send me pictures on my phone of him on the porch, or muddy and dirty after playing in the dam and such.
i feel really upset because he was so great, and this is the second dog ive lost to such circumstances in the space of 3 years, its almost like im getting used to it which isnt good.
however i feel more sorry for dad- i dont know if he was the one who accidently did it (i didnt want to know details) but he loved him so much, and i know how upset he is feeling.
the worst thing is- they didnt even tell me! i only found out today because they wanted to wait until they got down here to tell me in person. but i went over to my grandmas today to visit and she said 'im sorry about the white dog, your dad was so upset' and i thought...thats weird...nobody said anything to me...i thought she was talking about my old dog- (she gets so confused and stuff nowadays). but just to be sure i called dad and he had to tell me- he told her not to say anything to me but obviously she forgot.
anyway, i was supposed to be getting a puppy for christmas for the bf. i thought the puppy and my other dog could be friends and play together but i guess not now...
anyway just thought id let that out here.
its funny when something/someone dies- all u can talk about is all the things they used to do. the bf came home from work when i called him, and all i wanted to talk about was what he (dog) did this time, or that time, its like you just want to grab every memory you have of them and keep them, like they are still there.

No comments: